Saturday, March 26, 2016

Let's Cook: Spicy Shrimp and Sardines Fettuccine Aglio Olio

Hello Lovies!

It has been awhile since I posted about my cooking. I was too buy with many things that I had not even updated this blog for quite some time. Well, I just want to start this post by saying that I hope you all had a blessed Holy Week. As for me and my family, we just stayed at home and enjoyed quite and restful time. Especially myself, that I need to catch on my sleeping hours.

Since today is Good Friday and the "no meat" religious practice is still very much observed by all Catholics, I cooked this simple pasta dish -- Spicy Shrimp and Sardines Fettuccine Aglio Olio


Disclaimer: The recipes that you are about to read and follow are all prepared, cooked and eaten by myself and my family. I did not go to a culinary class. My cooking skills are 100% genetic. I rarely measure my ingredients, but they are pretty damned close to the exact recipes I have read in cookbooks and internet sites. I use ingredients that are available to me. There is no guarantee that your cooking will come out tasting like what I made. If you make something here that you are not completely satisfied, feel free to post here and rant your complains, but don’t say I didn’t warn you. 


You Will Need:


  • 1/2 kilo jumbo shrimps
  • 1 can 555 Fried Sardines Hot and Spicy
  • 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil -- that's about 4 circular turns in the pan
  • 1 head of garlic -- crushed and minced
  • red chili pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup water
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoon of pesto sauce -- there are prepared pesto sauce in bottles in the grocery stores.
  • 500 grams Fettucine
  • Parmesan cheese

Preparation

As usual, cook the pasta until it reaches the al dente texture.

While your pasta is cooking, heat a large pan and saute the minced garlic, fried sardines, and shrimps in olive oil. Make sure that you mash the sardines until the fish meat is crumbled to pieces. Add the red chili pepper flakes depending on your taste. Add the pesto sauce and mix all ingredients. Add water and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.

Before tossing the pasta into the sauce, taste it first then season with salt and pepper. Remember the pasta is already salty because of the added salt when it was cooked plus the pesto sauce has also a strong flavor, so you will not need to add salt any longer.

Toss the fettuccine in the pan and mix everything altogether. Upon serving, top with parmesan cheese and serve with buttered toast on the side.

So....what do you think of this recipe? 
Let me know if you tried it on your own and what's your verdict to this dish.

See you all soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads