Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Lines from the Book: The Girl on the Train

Hollowness: that I understand. The holes in your life are permanent. You have to outgrow them, like tree roots around concrete; You mold yourself through the gaps. All these things, I know, but I don't say them out loud, not now.

thegirlonthetrain


I have never understood how people can blithely disregard the damage they do by following their hearts.
 There’s nothing so painful, so corrosive, as suspicion.
 I have never understood how people can blithely disregard the damage they do by following their hearts. Who was it said that following your heart is a good thing? It is pure egotism, a selfishness to conquer all.
 “When did you become so weak?” I don’t know. I don’t know where that strength went, I don’t remember losing it. I think that over time it got chipped away, bit by bit, by life, by the living of it.
 Being the other woman is a huge turn-on, there’s no point denying it: you’re the one he can’t help but betray his wife for, even though he loves her. That’s just how irresistible you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks In Text Ads